Photography Schedule ” “Rock Your garden World””
||“Rock Your Garden World”||Rock gardens of the world: local, provincial, national or international.|
||“Stony Art”||Stone sculpture in a garden|
|3||“Garden Wall”||Stone/rock fence in a garden|
|4||“Like a Rock”||Speckled flower or leaf/leaves|
|5||“Rock the Night Away” –||A garden or flower(s) at night|
|6||“Dancing Angels”||A garden or flowers in motion|
|7||“Wild About Gardening”||Native flowers|
|8||“The Devil is in the Detail”||Macro/extreme close-up photography|
|9||“The Voice of the Garden”||Pollinators/birds on a flower(s) or in the garden|
|10||“Falling for Autumn”||Photo of fall-coloured trees/plants that include a rock/stone element|
|11||“Noir et Blanc||Black and white garden or flower image|
|12||“Chilled Out”||Snow/ice on plants in the garden|
Complete rules for entering photo shows are included in the Monthly Show Book.
The Photo schedule for the Yearly OHA Convention matches our schedule. Please consider entering your photographs in the OHA Convention photography show.
- Entries are limited to two per exhibitor in each class.
- All entries must be the work of the exhibitor and must have been taken in Ontario in the last 24 months.
- Please note that photography classes are the same as those designated for the GardenOntario (Ontario
Horticultural Association) Convention.
- Photographs must be 4″ by 6″ in size and mounted to 5″ by 7″. Photographs must not be in frames.
- No name, date or title of any kind is permitted on the front side of the photograph.
- All photographs should reflect the theme and have some horticultural content.
- Digital photographs taken with digital cameras, or still photos taken with a camcorder, may be manipulated
(cropped, sharpened, colour adjusted, etc.) by digital means by the photographer.
- If fewer than three entries are submitted for a class, the prizes will be awarded at the judge’s discretion based on
- A photograph may be submitted only once in a 24-month period.
Judging Scale for photographs:
Horticultural Value 40%
Photographic Value 40%
Appearance & Impact 20%