Photo Contest is completed for 2022 watch this space for the 2023 Schedule.
Please send your photos to Shows@oakvillehort.org.
The deadline for sending photos is Thursday, March 10, 2022
Photography Schedule “The Heartland of Gardens Growing and Rivers Flowing”
||“A Bug’s Life”||Your Interpretation of the garden from an insect’s perspective|
|3||“Small Wonders”||Bee Butts|
|4||“Take a Walk on the Wild Side”||An abstract photo|
|5||“Hidden Gems”||A macro photo|
|7||“The Heartland”||A Rural Landscape|
|8||“Forest Bathing”||Hiking Trails|
|9||“What You Sow”||Reaping the Harvest|
|10||“Garden Beasties”||Pet/s in the Garden|
|11||“A Portrait“||A black and white studio-style photo of a single element of any growing plant|
|12||“ He Shed She Shed”||A Garden Shed|
Complete rules for entering photo shows are included in the Monthly Show Book.
The Photo schedule for the Yearly OHA Convention matches our schedule. Please consider entering your photographs in the OHA Convention photography show.
- Photos should be in jpeg format.
- Entries are limited to one per exhibitor in each class.
- All entries must be the work of the exhibitor and must have been taken in Ontario in the last 24 months.
- Please note that photography classes are the same as those designated for the GardenOntario (Ontario Horticultural Association) Convention.
- No name, date or title of any kind is permitted on the viewed image.
- All photographs should reflect the theme and contain some horticultural material.
- Digital photographs taken with digital cameras, or still photos taken with a camcorder, may be manipulated (cropped, sharpened, colour adjusted, etc.) by digital means by the photographer.
- A photograph may be submitted only once in a 24 month period.
Judging Scale for photographs:
Horticultural Value 40%
Photographic Value 40%
Appearance & Impact 20%