Photography Schedule “Come to the Deep South Where Everything Grows”
- “Pick Your Own”
- “Heard it Thru the Grape Vine”
- “Gentle Waves”
- “Out of Place” plant material not normally seen in Ontario
- “Landscape” rural vistas
- “Going South”
- “Farm Implements”
- “Pollinators in the Garden”
- “Field of Dreams”
Complete rules for entering photo shows are included in the Monthly Show Book.
The Photo schedule for the Yearly OHA Convention matches our schedule. Please consider entering your photographs in the OHA Convention photography show.
Note: OHA Photo Competition Prints are to be mounted rather than matted. Mount size to be 5×7 inches (outside measurement), prints are to be no larger than 4×6 inches. Photo is to be placed on the mount.
- Entries are limited to one per exhibitor in each class.
- All entries must be the work of the exhibitor and must have been taken in Ontario in the last 24 months.
- Please note that photography classes are the same as those designated for the GardenOntario (Ontario Horticultural Association) Convention.
- Photographs must be 4″ by 6″ in size, and mounted to 5″ by 7″. Photographs must not be in frames.
- No name, date or title of any kind is permitted on the front side of the photograph.
- All photographs should reflect the theme and contain some horticultural material.
- Digital photographs taken with digital cameras, or still photos taken with a camcorder, may be manipulated (cropped, sharpened, colour adjusted, etc.) by digital means by the photographer.
- In the event that fewer than three entries are submitted for a class, the prizes will be awarded at the judge’s discretion based on merit.
- A photograph may be submitted only once in a 24 month period.
- Judging Scale for photographs:
Horticultural Value 40%
Photographic Value 40%
Appearance & Impact 20%
All show entries — design, horticulture, photography — must be in place in the hall by 7:20 pm, prior to commencement of judging.